Join our team!
Are you a self-motivated, highly-adaptable specialty coffee lover? Wanna join our team of coffee professionals?
Click the regions below to see if we are hiring in your neck of the woods. If you don't see anything, it simply means we don't have a current opportunity posted, but you are always welcome to reach out and let us know you are keen to join our team.
Full-time (38 hours/week)
Quality Control Assistant
This role will be based out of our Antwerp office.
In this entry-level position, you will support the sales team and the quality department. Your basic tasks will be to help prepare coffee tastings, to organize the dispatch of samples to our customers, to assist with administrative tasks and to keep our lab clean and organized.
Depending on your skill set or past experience, your tasks can be expanded over time into the many other fields that are related to coffee import and trading of coffee (logistics, finance, marketing, sales,…).
Since communication with colleagues in the office and with clients is mostly in English, you will need a good level of English. Proficiency in other languages will come in handy.
Proficiency in other languages will come in handy.
- Outbound Sample Fulfillment:
- Send outbound offer samples to roasters within 48 hours of request
- Maintain storage and organization for all coffee samples
- Generate sample labels (PSS, Origin Offer, Spot Offer, Arrival)
- Sample Roasting:
- Roast daily sample allotment according to SCA Sample Roasting specifications
- Cupping Support:
- Set up and break down daily cuppings according to SCA protocol and QC lab specifications
- Lab maintenance:
- Maintain the equipment and cleanliness of the cupping lab
- Other QC tasks upon request from traders and managers, including assistance with public and private cuppings from time to time.
Projects and professional development:
- Opportunity to cup with the QC team and calibrate and contribute to daily cupping sessions
Qualifications and Skills:
- You are passionate about coffee and always wanted to learn more about quality control
- You like to keep your environment tidy and organized
- Working under time pressure poses no problem for you
- You have excellent organizational skills, a dynamic mindset and a positive attitude
- You like to be part of a team, but handling simple tasks independently is no problem for you
- Q Grader certification is not required for this position, but previous experience in quality control and/or a good sensory pallet is a plus
Sucafina Specialty will hire for values and train for skills. Our company values are: passion, expertise, humility, entrepreneurship, integrity, and adaptability.
- A fun working environment in a fast-growing company
- A supportive and collegial team
- Participation in cuppings and calibration with our Q Arabica Graders over time
- Unique insights into the coffee world
- Potential for growth in a diverse and fascinating sector
- A competitive remuneration
- Free coffee around the clock
To Apply: Email cover letter and CV as PDF attachments to [email protected] with "Quality Control Assistant Application” in the subject line.